Tuesday 28 December 2010

Reality Setting In....

Hey everyone

Sorry I haven't been writing as much as I could! I've been very busy! But as you can see by the title reality is setting in about my surgery! The clock is ticking a little faster then what I want it to! Christmas has come and gone and then before I know it I'll be driving to Vancouver with a bundle of nervous....nerves! So yes the battle of emotions begins yet again. I'm trying to be happy about this...I mean I really do want this but there are all these fears that go with it. Like I'm going to have to re-learn a lot of stuff and the recovery time is scary but in the end will it be worth it? Yes I think so! So there you have it! Grace Mariah Brulotte is excited to go into surgery! No more itchy bottom part of my back! (You know it really sucks when you can't scratch itchy spots)!

The new year is in 4 days! Can you believe how fast 2010 went by? IT'S ALMOST 2011 PEOPLE!!!! Sigh...

So I admit it...I need to start wearing my glasses again! I'm tired of squinting! They are just really annoying to wear. But yes I must wear them again.

Yesterday I was in the mood for a Jane Austen book (not Pride and Prejudice) and found that we did not have any of the other books! So my Jane Austen craving has not been satisfied yet...maybe I'll try the library. But I already have an overdue book and four other books out so my craving will have to wait. Speaking of Pride and Prejudice for Christmas I got the enhanced version! Super stoked to watch it. I think the greatest gift I got this year was the wooden chest that my uncle made me. He made all my siblings chests. It was cool because he made my oldest sisters the biggest and mine the smallest. And instead of having family over for supper we had our neighbors down the street over. Then after supper we played "Apples to Apples". That was hilarious! And then on Boxing Day (as tradition) we had all our relatives over for lunch. So there are a few things we do for Christmas! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Grace,
    Trying to post a comment. This is a practice one to figure out what I did wrong the last time.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace,
    Okay, think I have the comment thing figured out now.
    Thanks for sharing what you did for Christmas. Sounds like tons of fun! I love board games, and it so happens I have Apples to Apples (the Party Box edition, no less!) and I love it. I'll play you sometime!
    Can't wait to see the chest your uncle made for you. In the olden days (ie, when I was your age) these were called "hope chests" and I guess they were called that because a girl hoped to get married and MOVE OUT!
    The fun thing with a gift like that is thinking about what kinds of things you'd like to keep in it. Special things, I should think. Mementos of a life well lived :)
    As for your surgery, I am glad you're at peace with it. I don't know what it's like to face something like that, but anything that improves your quality of life is worth it. As for re-learning things, girl, you're so smart and motivated, you'll do it all again soon. Hope you can be a little patient with yourself, though!

    I went to the library the other day. I know they have other Jane Austen books, I borrowed some a few years ago, I just can't recall exactly what ( I read A LOT!). You'll find something I'm sure. Also, you might also like a book called The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. It's sad at times, but a really good story. You're old enough to read that now (not old enough, smart enough, I should say).
    I missed seeing you this week, Grace. Looking forward to piano next week again. And since Grace didn't tell you all this, I will: Grace performed the Olympic theme song I Believe at a piano recital on Dec. 19, and it was AMAZING. Such a hard, hard song and she aced it. That's my girl!
    Love ya, Grace!
    Sylvia Elias

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it just me are does Christmas not seem as festive as the year's go bye but i guess the main thing to remember is the reason for the season! Grace just remeber you are a winner a pure breed champion!!! you come from a great blood line!!!

    ReplyDelete