Tuesday 1 November 2011

Pull yourself out of the dumps!

I had a rather unpleasant half of a day this week. I was feeling “down in the dumps” I was upset about something and because of it I almost had an awful full day.  It’s at those times when you want to curl up into a little ball and be grumpy all day, not only ruining your day but others as well. And I could have let the devil win. But I didn’t! It’s at those times when you need to tell the devil to take a hike! Because is staying in the dumps going to get you anywhere? No! When you’re like that you’re hiding your light! In the Bible it says, “Don’t hide your light under a basket! Instead put it on a stand and let it shine for all “. So many times we hide our light and let our emotions get the best of us. God wants us to be a light for others! So we must pull ourselves out of the dumps and into the sky! That’s what we’re supposed to do. The first step is to smile! Go on smile! I guarantee it will help! So my challenge for you, dear reader is to be a light to some one else and pull yourself out of the dumps! Smile! The lyrics to one of my favorite songs pretty much says it all! “Today's a new day, and there is no sunshine. Nothing but clouds, and it's dark in my heart and it feels like a cold night. Today's a new day, where are my blue skies, where is the love and the joy that you promised me you tell me it's alright. I'll be honest with you, I almost gave up, but a power that I can't explain, fell from heaven like a shower now. When I think how much better I'm gonna be when this is over, I smile, even though I'm hurt see I smile, I know God is working so I smile, Even though I've been here for a while I smile, smile.. It's so hard to look up when you look down. Sure would hate to see it when you give up now. You look so much better when you smile, so smile”.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Grace,
    Your post put a smile on my face! You are so right... when things seem bad, down in the dumps, feeling miserable and acting that way does nothing to change it. In fact, it makes it worse, and does give the devil a better foothold. It's hard for him to get a hold of someone who's happy.

    The power is always in the present moment. Not what happened a minute ago, a day ago, a week ago, a decade ago, but right now. We can't control what happens to us or how others treat us, but we CAN control our reactions. When I feel a negative reaction coming on, I go to God in prayer first, before I get mad. And then I don't (get mad). That simple act of quick prayer has changed my life.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. In doing so, you become a teacher and a champion for The Light!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete