Thursday 25 November 2010

Books and Hollywood......

So in school I get to pick a book for a unit study. And because I'm home schooled the possibilities are endless. So I decided to go with a well known classic called "The Princess Bride". I only know it in movie form so it should be interesting finding out how much Hollywood has changed it. That is the only thing that really bugs me about Hollywood. They take a perfectly good book, make it into a movie, have the mother die and put unwanted sex scenes in it! Have you ever noticed that the mother is always dead in Hollywood movies! I think they have something against mothers! Anyway back to how Hollywood changes everything in books. Take "Prince Caspain" for instance. Most people have heard of the Narnia series by C.S Lewis and they have no romance in them. Well in the movie "Prince Caspain" they end up putting a romance between Susan and Caspain! It's unwanted Hollywood! HELLO! And in this new age of movies everyone has sex! Because NO they can't wait till marriage LIKE THEY SHOULD! So face it movies are not good role models! Just because a girl dresses a certain way in the movies doesn't mean you have to dress like her too! Now don't get me wrong I am a huge movie watcher but sometimes Hollywood goes a little overboard! But they have produced some great movies that are worth seeing. Now who here agrees with me that 9 times out of 10 sequels absolutely suck! Now not all of them are like that most of them are. Especially animated movies. In the sequel the end up with different character voices. Now for me that really ruins the movie. And then they have to come up with a 3rd and a 4th and a 5th! Like Shrek. I mean the first one was great, second was good, third was ok but a fourth! Personally I did not like Shrek four just because it was a lot darker than all the rest. So that is an example of taking it to far! So that's enough Hollywood ranting for one night. Disagree? Comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you Grace, you are so right especially about the sex scenes. It is never needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace,
    I don't watch a lot of movies, however, yes, I think that's a big problem. Movies portray sex as this thing that must happen or something's not right, and that it will solve problems and make a happy ending.
    Wrong! That's all I'm going to say about THAT!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete