Sunday 23 January 2011

My thoughts......

Our dogs name is Jackie……LIKE JACKIE CHAN! I can imagine her having a conversation with her dog friends and saying:
"My name is Jackie, Jackie Chan"!
Except it would really come out like this: "Woof woof woof bark"...
Or I suppose dogs could have conversations with other dogs in their minds. Maybe my dog talks to me in her mind...
Me: "Jackie go lay down".
Jackie in her mind: "I don't wanna"! Gives me a look...
That is if dogs can speak English in their minds....
So my cats and my dog have stare downs all the time. If we could hear what their saying it would sound like this:
Jackie goes up to bite kitties tail:
Cat: "Don't even think about it dog"!
Dog: "I wonder what you'd look like inside my mouth......I wonder if I'd get caught"....Looks at cat.....cat runs away....
But while we're on this subject what do my two cats say to each other when they’re fighting? They fight and then stare at each other.
Queequeg stares at Lou...
Queequeg: "Don't move or else I'll burn you with my laser vision"....."It will kick in anytime now"......"Anytime now".....
Lou walks over Queequeg……hmmmm………
While we’re on this subject (again) I wonder what my cat Lou says to everyone else…
Josh picks Lou up…
Lou: “Sir what are you doing? Put me down! I SAY! PUT ME DOWN”!!! Lou tries to struggle, Josh holds him tighter…
Lou: “Oh what’s the point”...assuming my cat is British.......
My dog sniffs the floor all the time looking for food…I wonder if they have this scanner thing in their brains…
Jackie sniffs the floor…
Scanner inside brain: Not food, not food, not food…FOOD!!! Not food, not food, not food…FOOD!
So there are some of my thoughts about…..what cats and dogs think…
I need to get out more……………

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grace,
    Well, I love your dog/cat conversations. I also listen to many, many dog/cat conversations in my home. Here's the transcribe from a recent one between Wynnstan, the year-old Welsh Corgi I babysit sometimes, and my cat Pru, who is 10 and only tolerates the dogs I babysit because she loves me (and because I feed her and have a warm bed.)

    Scene: cat emerging from one room, en route to another room. Dog sitting quite contentedly in middle area between these two areas.

    (cat walks out, stops, stares at dog)
    Wynnstan: Hi Pru! How are you today?
    Pru (evil glare): None of your business. Go home.
    Wynnstan: I see you're heading toward the cat door. That's wonderful. It's a lovely day.
    Pru: Not lovely. You're here.
    Wynnstan: I shan't bother you at all. Please proceed. See? I'm lying completely prone, face down into my favourite stuffy toy. Not even interested in you.
    (Pru approaches Wynnstan. He tries to back away, but his butt is up against the wall.)
    Pru: I think I'm going to hit you with my paw.
    Wynnstan: But why? Have I done something to offend Her Highness?
    Pru: You exist. Reason enough.
    (Wynnstan lowers his head. Pru lifts her paw. Does not strike. Wynnstan looks confused).
    Pru: There. Just so you know who runs this house. (strides away).

    Yes, Grace. I too possibly need to get out more. Then again...what fun at home! The joys of a mixed-species household.
    Love ya!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete