Sunday 7 October 2012

Keeping it Rollin'

Hello everybody! I must say it has been a beautiful September and October! Although we had our first snowfall the other day and the snow on the mountain hasn't really melted! It's a little too soon for my taste, we usually get snow around Halloween so I have time to "mentally prepare" for the white stuff, but this is just ridiculous! But when life gives you lemons.... You make lemon flavoured snow cones!!!

I have good news! Fernie Inspire the Race to Empower is now an official society! So because I'm the president I have open and close the meetings and I'm not really used to the society language, so on our first meeting I think I blurted out something like, "I command this meeting to be open...YAY!"... Yeah... that's not how you're supposed to do it... I guess I'll just have to learn! I feel sort of tiny compared to all the adults on my board but I have something they don't have to keep me going... Unending enthusiasm and a vision! So with our deadline of getting everything organized in time for December I'm feeling a little stressed! I am confident we'll get it all done, but it's hard to see the "pot of gold" at the end of the rainbow! Anyways, I went to the bank yesterday to make an account for the society and am planning more fundraising events! Just to let all you locals know, I will be selling things at the November 24th craft fair so come see me!

I am very excited because I get to return to the big beautiful Vancouver on the 25th! After I do all the stuff with my wheelchair I am strictly on vacation!

This week in the Grace cooking adventures: Cream of Broccoli and Cheddar Soup! I am quite proud of myself, this was the first meal I did almost all by myself, it was mainly all stirring so I basically sat there and stirred for two hours! I know that stirring a pot doesn't seem like a big deal to the average person but I rarely get to help in the kitchen so this was exciting for me!

I've hopped aboard the train of life and I'm excited to see where it takes me! All aboard! Woot Woot!







No comments:

Post a Comment